Over the past few months, I’ve participated in some fun interviews, written articles on and published excerpts from my debut book The Voting Booth After Dark: Despicable, Embarrassing, Repulsive. It’s a 92-page collection of short stories and poems interwoven into a gripping narrative that follows a group of gay & lesbian Latino club kids during the course of the 2008 presidential elections. As they plunge deep into the agonizing lows of anxiety and addiction, we see how they affect and are affected by the national politics happening around them. It’s available for purchase as an e-book & paperback at numerous well-known and independent sites such as Amazon.com, Barnes&Noble.com, and GiovannisRoom.com.
Kick your heels up, eat some ice cream, & check em’ out! ;p
- “Guerilla Reads” featured my video-taped reading of the short story excerpt “Mourning” at the West Hollywood Book Fair.
- The Furnace Review published the poetry excerpt “Sorrow” as a sneak peek into the book.
- This Great Society published the short story excerpt “Anguish” in their May 2011 WORK Issue.
- “Livin’ La Vida Latina” reviewed The Voting Booth After Dark: Despicable, Embarrassing, Repulsive & interviewed me on topics such as:
How do you feel your work influences Latinas?
What does being Latina mean to you?
What do you think the future holds for today’s Latina?
- Sea Minor’s celebrated Dancing with Myself Author Series published an interview in which I answer questions like:
What’s the story behind your middle name “Libertad”?
You’re sort-of broke right? Which means you made this book on very little $$$. Who are some of the core people that helped you bring The Voting Booth After Dark: Despicable, Embarrassing Repulsive to life?
What are some quotes you turn to for inspiration, guidance, and relief when FEAR tries to strangle you, and force you to sabotage your life?
- Spike Magazine published my article “Enmeshed: Gay & Lesbian Latino-Americans in Los Angeles’ Eastside Scene” about the subculture at the core of The Voting Booth After Dark: Despicable, Embarrassing, Repulsive.
- InDigest Magazine published my article “The Birth of Embarrassing, Despicable, Repulsive”, which chronicles how the book came to be …
If you’d like to read other people’s reviews on the book just click here.
Thanks for your support & hope you enjoy the read!
Big Hug! :) V